Attending Open Houses in PebbleCreek can be a very pleasant weekend activity and it is a great way to get a “feel” for the community – especially if you plan to have lunch or a snack at one of our restaurants!
That being said, open houses work best for folks who are simply getting a feel for the community, want to get a basic idea of price range/floor plan, or just want to gather decorating tips. Serious buyers, folks who have a good sense of price range, a basic idea of the floor plan that works for them and are ready to buy will find it a far better use of time to be targetted in the search. In addition, buyers can lose their representation and be compelled to work with an open house host if they decide to purchase a home they see during an open house. I am always ready to set up a tour around your specific perameters whether you are ready to buy or not… and we can do it on your timeline!
If you are planning to spend an afternoon touring open homes, here are some tips to get the most out of your visit:
- On any given Saturday or Sunday you can expect that there will be Open Houses for re-sale homes. Sometimes, there are Open Houses during the week as well.
- This is a gated community; just let the guard at the gate know that you are attending open houses (and maybe having lunch!). They will let you in.
- Remember that there are two “sides” to PebbleCreek – Eagles Nest and Tuscany Falls. Both are entered off of PebbleCreek Parkway. Generally, there will be Open Houses on both sides of the property on any given Saturday or Sunday. Once you have a pass to enter one side, you will be easily let through the guard gate for the second side.
- Pay particular attention to the various floor plans. Which floor plans would work for you?
- If you are already working with an agent, let the Open House host know that as you enter each property. But, keep in mind that the host agent could compel you to work with them to purchase the specific home that they are hosting. Serious buyers should not attend open houses because those buyers can lose the opportunity to work with the agent of their choice.
- It is NOT typical for PebbleCreek Open House hosts to serve snacks or drinks… not that it won’t happen, but don’t count on it!
- Restrooms are also generally not available in the homes… a good reason to visit the clubhouses where bathrooms are always available!
- Agents will set up directional signs to help you find them… think of it as a big treasure hunt!
If you are looking for an agent, talking to agents at an Open House can be an easy, non-threatening way to get a feel for if you want to work with that person. Trust me – any agent that is hosting an Open House would LOVE to work with you!